Hello everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday…it was a busy one here at work and I couldn’t devote enough time to a quality post…I never want to half-a$$ my posts here and I’ve come to realize that I really just love to go with the flow in blogging. When I want to blog I will, and when I don’t I won’t, it’s that simple 🙂
First I want to say how much I loved reading all your comments in regards to Tuesday’s post about being thankful. To sum it up, we really can find just one thing to be thankful for and that’s the amazing thing about life. Sure there are ups and downs in our days and the everday stresses that come with life, but in the end we have to remember how short life is and to enjoy every moment of it. It’s sometimes hard to keep that perspective, but when you’re down or things just aren’t going right in your life, always remember what you have to be thankful for 🙂
On this blog I like to talk about an array of different things – some topics are serious, some are funny and lighthearted, and some are emotional and personal. Today as I was getting ready for work I realized I follow a particular order in my routine and it actually made me wonder if others follow suit while getting ready? So I thought it would be fun to talk about my behind-the-scenes habits and idiosyncrasies that are hidden behind this blog…I like to think these quirks are what keep me not so normal and real, which to the hubby (among many other things, heehee) is what attracted him to me 😉
- I wash my hair every other day and never fully take my eye makeup off, I always leave a fine line of eyeliner on…is that gross?
- I have to brush my teeth before getting into the shower – the thought of a dirty mouth while cleaning the rest of myself grosses me out – ugh!
- I have to brush my hair before getting into the shower – I can’t stand washing already tangled hair!
- I absolutely can’t stand water in my eyes so when I’m in the shower I have to keep a towel nearby – so yes, that means when I swim I have to wear goggles.
- In the shower, I first wash my face, then my hair, then my body, then shave if needed.
- I always need two towels when showering – one for my body and one for my hair.
- I sometimes wish I were the type that put on a silky, pretty robe once out of the shower but no, instead I immediately put on my outfit. And always always, I put my left leg first into my pants – maybe that’s because I’m left handed?!
- I keep my hair wrapped up in my towel while I put my makeup on, and that has an order too. First concealer, then eyeliner, then eyeshadow, mascara, bronzer, blush, and lastly curl my lashes…it’s been done in that exact order for years.
- When curling my lashes I blast a shot of hot hair onto the curler, it’s like an instant hot curling iron for your lashes! Has anyone does this before? It works so well at keeping your lashes curled, but be careful not to burn your eyelid, I’ve done that a few times 😉
- Once makeup is done I blow dry and style my hair – and I absolutely cannot stand hair on the floor (and in the shower – it gives me the eejie beejies), so I clean up the floor once I’m done styling my hair.
So that’s a lil behind-the-scenes look of this blogger here…maybe I can make this a series so that you can learn a lil more about me each time…because trust me, I got a whole lot more 😉
My food hasn’t been too exciting this week…breakfast has been my usual smoothies and lunch has been my yogurt and salad combos…but dinner last night was a winner! Another salad, just a tad different…but first it started with a lil snacking…
With my salad I decided instead of turkey as my protein base I would instead make an egg sammy – I can’t use whole eggs because of my cholesterol so only the whites were used…
Dessert was provided by my lovely big sis who knows I love all things chocolate and stocked me up with a huge bag of Adora Disks!! I don’t think there’s any better way to get your daily dose of calcium in 😉
…and enjoyed with a handful of puffins…
Today was a rest day for me so after my idiosyncratic routine, I made none other than a smoothie bowl!
Instead of using protein powder as my protein source, I instead went with this 2% Strawberry Banana Greek yogurt…however, my only complaint about this flavored yogurt is that the sugar content is pretty high (17 grams!) but it really is delicious! 🙂
It was one of those mornings where I wanted to wear something to brighten my mood so I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans that I forgot about and have had for years and paired them with a bright fun top!
Hope you all are having a great day so far and I’ll see you all tomorrow for TGIF! Yipeee!
Questions: Do you have any idiosyncrasies? Do you follow a particular routine when getting ready in the morning?