Good morning everyone and happy September! Can you believe in a couple weeks it will official be fall?! Seriously, where did our summer go?! However I’m not complaining one bit about summer coming to an end and fall opening up to bring new beginnings and opportunities. When I think of fall it brings a feeling of nostalgia for football and Sunday traditions, fall fashion (my fav!) filled with scarves, boots, and sweater dresses, celebrating the holiday’s with family and friends, scents of pumpkin, butternut squash and cinnamon, and continuing our journey to trying for a baby.
September also holds the most special day of my life. Our wedding anniversary – the day I committed to my husband my love and partnership until death do us part. And it’s the day I decided to say goodbye to my struggles, and hello to a new life filled with possibilities, hope, and the future to live another day. It will forever haunt me that I wasn’t as healthy as I am today back 3 years ago on my wedding day, but instead of looking at it in regret, I can look at it as the day I decided to make a change, become a happier and healthier person, and continue to live this wonderful life with my husband and family.
September will always hold a special place in my heart for many reasons, and starting today, I want to make this month the best one yet. With the beginning of a new month and new season, I’d like to set some small goals to jolt some motivation in me again. And as always with this blog, I hope to keep this as a place for all of us to come together to talk about our struggles, laugh, cry, hope, and dream. So with that, here are my goals for September…
- Change my workout routine – Some of you may be wondering what’s happening on the period front. Nothing yet so that tells me that a) I either need to change my workout or b) I’m pregnant. Of course I’m praying for the latter, but you know how it goes in that you have to wait a couple weeks to take a test and those pesky things are expensive so I can’t test everyday (even though I’d really like to!) All in all, I’ll keep you all posted on this 🙂
- Incorporate yoga and more strength training into my weekly workouts. Based on my research and in talking with the lovely ladies here in the blogging community who have had similar period/conceiving troubles, my workouts are still too intense. I’ll be posting about said workout routine next week after I mull it over with the hubby this weekend – he’s a smarty pants and a certified personal trainer so he can guide me in the right direction along with my research.
- Cook! I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I really need to start cooking more. However hubby and I noticed that in the fall and winter months, I am more inspired to cook hearty, comforting meals, while in the summer I just stick to salads. I’m definitely one whose eats are effected by the seasons, so I’ll be happy to soon say goodbye to smoothies and salads, and hello to crock pot meals, butternut squash, and pumpkin! I know the hubby will appreciate this too 😉
- Take more pictures for the blog. I don’t know what it is, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve missed great picture opps with the hubby or have eaten delicious food and have not snapped a photo! It irks me like none other. It sounds simple but when put into action I just have a hard time remembering – any bloggers out there have advice for me on this one?!
- Make a baby. Enough said 🙂
So that’s it! They’re only 5 goals, but they’re 5 big goals for me and I’m excited to get this month started…along with those football Sunday Funday’s 😉
Today was a rest day for me and it was glorious…hubby and I got to snuggle for an extra hour and it was just what we needed. I decided to switch up this morning’s breakfast and make a cereal combo a la Courtney…and it was delish, Courtney you’re on to something here 😉
Yesterday I stopped by the grocery store for some essentials and snatched up a new treat I’ve been seeing numerous commercials for lately…
They were actually pretty good! It’s like a cross between a cookie and a cracker, slightly sweet and salty, and you can definitely taste that blueberry flavor. I added some to hubby’s lunch today, hopefully he likes them! 🙂
What’s your favorite part of fall?
Do you have any goals for September?
Do your meals change with the seasons?
Any bloggers out there have picture taking tips for me?!