Happy Friday everyone!! I am especially excited it’s finally Friday since I have an awesome weekend lined up for me. But first, I want to say how much I appreciate your kind, thoughtful, encouraging comments on my last post. You all are the absolute best and I couldn’t ask for better friends…you all filled my heart so very much and I’m giving you all a big virtual hug through the screen 🙂
So if any of you follow football and know that I’m a 49er fan then I’m sure you guessed that we had quite an exciting time celebrating last weekend…
Coach Harbaugh & Vernon Davis celebrating his catch! Side note: can I just say how much I love Harbaugh…he has remarkably turned around this team into a winning one and you can just see how much love he has for his players – love it!
And on that note, I’m sure you guessed what we’re gearing up for this weekend…
We’re baaaaaack…. (said in Poltergeist voice 😉 )
And you may remember that Todd is from New York?! Well, thankfully he’s a ‘9er fan and we’ll all be rooting for them together at my parents place…but I’m sure we’ll be having Facebook wars with my In-Laws who are true Giants fan 😛
And I’m very excited for tomorrow to have a girly day with my bestest friend – my sissy!! We have plans for a hair appointment (I’m just getting a trim), a yummy lunch, maybe squeeze in a yogurt trip to U Love or Nubi, and then a much needed pedicure…a definite self-indulgent day that I think we’re both in definite need of and deserving of 😉 Other than that my week has been pretty uneventful (except for a very very special visit I had that you’ll see below) and still pretty busy at work but I have to say I’ve been lacking the motivation these past couple days…I blame it on the crummy weather, blech!
And with that, since I don’t have much to post about and my brain is lacking willpower to do a lot of thinking, I thought it’d be fun to participate in this survey that’s making it’s rounds in the blog world. I recently saw it on Tina and Ashley’s blog and knew I had to take part in it since I love getting to know a bit more about bloggers and thought you would too!
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
With my hubby and family – love for us to have a date night or spend it with my family at their place getting into shenanigans and having awesome quality time together ❤
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
* Real Housewives Of….(every season although my fav is Beverly Hills and Orange County!)
* Top Chef
* The Bachelor/Bachelorette
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Both! I love having pictures of myself with my loved ones, family and friends and love taking pictures of them!
4) Why do you blog?
My initial reason (and still is) for starting this blog was to document our journey in trying to conceive, then our pregnancy journey, and then our new life as a family of 3. I especially wanted to journal this very important and exciting journey in our lives so that family and friends could follow along and keep up to date with what was going on in our lives. I also love blogging about my past struggles with disordered eating, overexercising, and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea because I feel a lot of women out there could benefit from hearing my story and experiences and could learn a lot based on what I’ve gone through. I hope to help just one woman out there…that would mean the world to me. I also am so thankful to be a part of this blogging community because I have met and made friends with so many amazing ladies and formed very special relationships with each one and am so grateful for that 🙂
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
* Fertile Thoughts Forum
* Google Reader
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
Britney Spears – don’t laugh 😛
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
* Fage Greek Yogurt with Peanut Butter Puffins
* Frozen Yogurt
* Apple with Skippy Chunky Natural Peanut Butter or TJ’s Cookie Butter (!!)
* Veggies and chips with hummus
* Clif Mojo Bars
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
Nope! Although we really (someday!) want to get a bulldog 🙂
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
* cell phone (soon to be iPhone!!)
* laptop (soon to be iPad!!)
10) What’s your favorite drink?
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Sometimes – depends on what I’m cooking. If it’s eggs or paninis then I love cooking, anything else, not so much 😉
12) Do you have children?
Nope – but we’re working on it and hope to have a wee one very very soon!!
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
* Wine tasting
* Reading blogs and blogging
* Spending quality time with my hubby, family and friends
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
It depends on the situation – I’m much more talkative and outgoing one-on-one and am an open book to that person, but in a group setting (except for group fitness classes since I used to teach) I become super shy. I used to be very very shy in every situation when I was younger and finally broke out of my shell when I became a fitness instructor.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
Not to piggy-back to question #14 but I would love to be more outgoing in a group setting like my dad or my hubby who can strike up a conversation with anyone at anytime – I really admire their natural wittiness and sense of humor and wish I had more of that in me. But lately as I’ve gotten older I’ve stopped caring what other people think of me and just say whatever comes out of my mouth even if it’s not that funny – oh well! 😉
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Based on acting chops definitely Meryl Streep – she is just so amazing and such a phenomenal actress. But based on looks Angelina Jolie – I know some love her or hate her, I love her – her face is flawless.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
By far it was spending the day with Miss Shanna and as always it was such a wonderful time. Although it was even more special because I got to meet her adorable, precious 2 1/2 week old son Sawyer. We caught up on some much needed girl talk along with the many details of motherhood which I loved learning about, all while holding her lil soybean (her nickname for him – love!) And I had the privelage of carrying him in the Bjorn while we walked her dog Naava…it was so wonderful and it skyrockted my baby fever 10-fold!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
I thankfully live only 10 minutes away from my family. Although 3,000 miles away from my in-laws which is bummer, but its a great excuse to take a trip to New York!! 😉
19) List three of your talents.
* Am able to push my physical capabilities and strengths to the limits
* I’m a good judge of ones character
* I have a pretty good sense of direction
20) What is your greatest attribute?
This is a tough question because I’m continually working on myself in becoming a better person to my loved ones, family and friends – I am a horrible procrastinator and get defensive quite easily – just ask the hubby 😉 But if I had to answer I’d say I love big – with my full, entire heart ❤
Well that’s it!! I hope you enjoyed getting to a know me a bit more and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend!
Goooo ‘9ers!!!!! 🙂
What was the coolest part of your week?
Would you consider yourself a shy or outgoing person?
Any fun plans for this weekend?!
Happy Friday everyone! Is it just me or did this week fly by?! Not that I’m complaining, but I really do love those weeks that wizz on by and before you know it the weekend is upon us 🙂
So my Friday Lovin’ post is a lil different this morning…I saw my lovely friend Shanna post a fun survey this morning that’s going around the blog world and right away I knew I wanted to do it too!
So without further ado…here we go!
Last five people I talked to on the phone: (Like Shanna, this was hard for me too since I never talk on the phone – when you think about it that’s kinda weird?! lol!)
1. My hubby – which is rare since we’re always texting but he needed a question answered asap!
2. My boss
3. A telemarketer at work – I get about 99.5% of calls from them at work!
4. Nubi Yogurt to see what their flavors were (Yes I call in advance to make sure they have a flavor I like, otherwise I won’t go ;))
5. My mom and dad
Last five meals I ate:
1. My second breakfast this morning at 9:30am – Smoothie with 1 cup 2% milk, Sunflower Butter,1 frozen banana, and puffins
2. My first breakfast this morning at 4:30am – Kashi Go Lean cereal with milk
3. Last night’s dinner – Turkey and hummus sandwich on sourdough bread with a side salad
4. Last night’s dessert – Prunes dipped in Skippy Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
5. Yesterday’s lunch – Fage yogurt with Peanut Butter Puffins, banana, and side salad
Last five places I’ve traveled:
1. Lake Tulloch for 4th of July weekend
2. Jamaica for a wedding
3. San Diego for my wedding and honeymoon
4. New York – hubby’s hometown and I met his family and friends for the first time! 🙂
5. Lake Tahoe
Next five places I will go:
1. Yummi Yogurt to get fro yo with a friend/old coworker of mine
2. Equinox Gym for tomorrow’s spin workout!
3. Trader Joe’s
4. San Francisco (next Saturday for the Hornblower Cruise with the Blue Angels during Fleet Week!)
5. The dentist 😦
Last five workouts:
1. 30 min. elliptical, 20 min. weights routine and abs (this morning)
2. 30 min. treadmill walk (yesterday)
3. 30 min. elliptical (Wednesday)
4. 25 min. yoga (Tuesday – ExerciseTV with Chris Fretag)
5. 3 mile walk (Sunday for our Anniversary in San Francisco to and from the Ferry Building and Train Station)
Five things making me happy right now:
1. Emails back and forth with my mother-in-law about the fun (and yummy food we’ll eat!) we’ll have together when hubby and I go back to his hometown in New York this November for Thanksgiving!
2. It’s Friday! And I got my first pumpkin at the grocery store this morning…it’s a decorative one too, so cute!
3. A compliment I got from a friend I ran into this morning at said grocery store – he said “Wow, you look so happy!” (He knew me during my disordered eating/underweight days so this comment has a special meaning to it and hearing this from him was really sweet)
4. Hubby got a brand new truck! (An amazing deal was going on at our Chevy dealership…basically he traded in his old Tahoe for a brand spankin’ new truck with the most amazing warranty and free oil changes for a lifetime!)
5. I get to spend the weekend with the hubby…just relaxing and making babies 😉
Thanks Shanna for the fun survey! And I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a lil bit more about me 😉
Though I did the survey, I gotta also share a couple goodies from Trader Joe’s that have to make this Friday Lovin’ post…
And I’m lovin’ this new song by Rihanna…have you heard it? The music video isn’t out yet and this is all I could find…great beat and song to workout to!
Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!
Questions: What’s making you happy right now?